POSTED DECEMBER 29, 2017: MARKETING & OUTREACH MANAGER
MARKETING & OUTREACH MANAGER
Blackfriars Theatre seeks a qualified candidate to assume the newly-created role of Marketing & Outreach Manager. Blackfriars Theatre was established in 1950 and has remained a staple of downtown Rochester’s arts community for nearly 70 years. A full-time position, the Marketing & Outreach Manager will play in integral role in Blackfriars Theatre’s mission to enrich and inspire the Rochester community through exceptional theatre arts.
· Create and implement annual marketing strategy with a key focus to increase sales, attendance and public awareness of Blackfriars Theatre as a staple of the Rochester arts community.
· Participate in on-going PR planning and marketing evaluation activities, including targeted analysis, needs assessments, maintaining current and competitive trends and tracking of all activities, with a key focus on achieving tickets sales/attendance goals developed and prioritized in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
· Work closely with Artistic Director to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy.
· Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential business and community leaders, to strengthen and broaden Blackfriars impact on the Rochester community.
· Create, schedule and manage content for all Blackfriars’ social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
· Assist with graphic design, implementing web design updates and maintaining Blackfriars’ current design and printing partnerships.
· Oversee the production of all marketing materials for Blackfriars Theatre, including Press Releases.
· Develop and maintain Blackfriars’ marketing/PR database.
· Share box office responsibilities during normal business hours and at performances and events, as needed. (some evenings and weekends required)
· Minimum 2 years of nonprofit marketing/PR experience, preferably with an arts-based organization.
· Ability to develop marketing plans, social media campaigns, and marketing materials, including evaluation and assessment of all PR/marketing activities.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as strong oral communication skills and the ability to participate in public speaking events.
· Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills.
· High proficiency with Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram mainly).
· Ability to develop and manage marketing budgets and to prepare financial reports.
· Proficiency with graphic design/page layout and web design software a plus.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of database programs.
· Demonstrates a positive outlook in supporting Blackfriars Theatre’s mission and culture within its offices and in the community. Takes ownership of tasks and contributes to building a team atmosphere.
· Interest, enthusiasm and an affinity for the theatrical arts preferred
Salary: Pay is based on experience, not to exceed $33,500/annually
Reports to: Artistic & Managing Director
Position to be filled: Immediately
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and list of references to:
795 E. Main Street
Rochester, NY 14605
BLACKFRIARS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Blackfriars Theatre accepts resumes for designers, directors, stage managers and other artists on a rolling basis. Please send all inquiries and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.