You could be the BIG WINNER!
Blackfriars is celebrating the closing of the 2016-2017 Season with one of it's biggest programs yet: the TRIPLE THREAT RAFFLE! Take a chance at winning $3,000, 2 Lifetime Subscriptions to Blackfriars Theatre or a Luxury Night Out! Tickets are $50 and there are only 200 tickets available. The raffle will end on Sunday, May 21, 2017 and winners will be drawn at the closing matinee performance of Death of a Salesman.
RAFFLE TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
TRIPLE THREAT RAFFLE RULES:
Blackfriars Theatre, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, is a tax-exempt organization under state and federal laws. Blackfriars Theatre is conducting the Triple Threat Raffle as a way to raise funds for the Theatre’s productions and programming. The official rules and regulations of Blackfriars Theatre’s Triple Threat Raffle Rules are set forth below. By purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.
- $50 per ticket.
- No limit on number of tickets purchased by an individual.
- Raffle purchase is for chance and is not tax-deductible.
- No refunds on raffle ticket purchases.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of raffle tickets purchased. A maximum of 200 tickets will be sold.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- No physical tickets will be sent to online purchasers, however online entries will be confirmed via email.
- All prizes will be subject to federal tax withholding in accordance with the requirements of Federal law.
- No raffle tickets will be sold after May 21, 2017.
- Blackfriars Theatre is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries.
- Blackfriars Theatre Staff and Board of Directors are eligible to win if they purchase tickets.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions for cash or other prizes are permitted by winners.
Selection and Notification of Winners:
- Drawing to be held on May 21, 2017 at 2:00pm at Blackfriars Theatre.
- 1st drawn winner receives cash prize. 2nd drawn winner receives two (2) lifetime subscriptions to Blackfriars Theatre. 3rd drawn winner receives an overnight package courtesy of East Avenue Inn & Suites and Nox Cocktail Lounge.
- Winner must show proof of a valid driver’s license in order to claim the prize.
- Winners will be contacted by phone and email. If the winner cannot be reached after 72 hours from first notification attempt, the winner’s ticket is found to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by random drawing from the remaining tickets from the final drawing.
- Raffle winners will be posted online at blackfriars.org after three eligible winners have been chosen.
Each prize is subject to the following official prize details and restrictions
- $3,000 maximum cash prize. The amount of the cash prize (if not all tickets are sold) will equal 1/3 of the cash proceeds of sold raffle tickets. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Blackfriars Theatre will file an IRS Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service reporting the value of the prize as income to the winner. Prior to receipt of the cash prize and no later than December 31, 2017, winner will provide Blackfriars Theatre with a completed and signed IRS Form W-9 and Form W-2G.
- Two life-time subscriptions to Blackfriars Theatre. This prize is priceless!
- An overnight in a Deluxe Suite at East Avenue Inn & Suites with a $100 gift certificate to Nox Cocktail Lounge and bottle of champagne. Experience valued at $300.
FULL RULES & REGULATIONS:
How to Enter: Raffle tickets may be purchased for fifty dollars ($50) for one ticket by eligible persons (see above) from March 17, 2016 at 6:30pm ET until May 21, 2017 2pm CT. There is 1 way to purchase raffle tickets: Only one (1) eligible person may be entered in the Raffle per Ticket sold. If the name of more than one (1) person is provided on a Ticket entry form and that Ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed as the holder of record of that Ticket and declared the winner. The division of any prize among a group of persons purchasing a Ticket in common shall be the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that Ticket should that Ticket be selected as a winner. Blackfriars Theatre is not responsible for resolving any disputes that may arise from different individuals listed on a winning Ticket.
Tickets will not be sold after May 21, 2017. Tickets may sell out before that time. An individual can purchase as many Tickets as they may wish, subject to availability. Tickets may be purchased: In person at Blackfriars Theatre, By Telephone (call 585-454-1260 and provide the information requested by the representative) or online at blackfriars.org. All entries must include payment money order, cash or credit card. Blackfriars Theatre reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted without proper payment or payment that does not constitute “good funds.” No refunds will be made except under the following circumstances: any ticket order with payment received after May 21, 2017, will be returned. Any physically altered entry form, or entry form received without proper or sufficient payment, will be immediately disqualified by Blackfriars Theatre. Neither Blackfriars Theatre nor its directors, staff, artists or other representatives assumes any responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or undelivered entries, or any other failure to receive entries, or any failure to deliver a receipt of purchase prior to the drawing deadlines.
Prize Drawings: Prize drawings will be conducted by a representative of Blackfriars Theatre on May 21, 2017 at Blackfriars Theatre. Entrants need not be present to win. Winners will be selected at random. All orders must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline to be eligible for the applicable drawing. Blackfriars Theatre assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
Cash Prize Disclaimer: The amount of the cash prize (if not all tickets are sold) will equal ⅓ of the cash proceeds of sold raffle tickets.
Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified according to the contact information provided to Blackfriars Theatre at the time of Ticket purchase. If the winner cannot be reached after 72 hours from first notification attempt, the winner’s ticket is found to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by random drawing from the remaining tickets from the final drawing. Blackfriars Theatre is not responsible for problems occurring through telecommunications or the Internet, which may affect winner’s receipt of the prize notification. In order to collect a prize, a winner must sign and deliver to Blackfriars: (a) such written information as is required by any applicable tax and/or real estate laws, including, without limitation, Social Security Number; (b) proof of identity in forms satisfactory to Blackfriars Theatre showing that the person claiming the prize is the same person who is named on the winning Ticket. Winners of prizes of $1,000 or more may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754 or similar tax form (provided by Blackfriars Theatre) for tax withholding purposes.
Non-Deductibility of Ticket Purchase: The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently, the purchase of a Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
Taxes: There may be federal, state and/or local tax consequences of winning a prize in the Raffle. Any and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Purchasers of Tickets are advised to consult their own tax advisors with respect to tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize in Blackfriars Theatre’s Triple Threat Raffle. Winners of prizes of $1,000 or more may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754 or similar tax form (provided by Blackfriars Theatre) for tax withholding purposes.
Terms and Conditions: The Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules cannot be changed by any oral statement made by any employee, consultant or agent acting on behalf of Blackfriars Theatre. By entering the Raffle, entrants accept and agree: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Blackfriars Theatre which shall be final and binding; (2) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules; and (3) that Blackfriars Theatre may use the entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Raffle on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Other rules and regulations may apply. Please contact Blackfriars Theatre if you have any questions.
BY ENTERING BLACKFRIARS THEATRE’S RAFFLE, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES BLACKFRIARS THEATRE, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, ARTISTS AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR WINNING ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND EACH WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD BLACKFRIARS THEATRE HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR THE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. A RAFFLE ENTRANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST BLACKFRIARS THEATRE ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OF TICKETS OR THE CONDUCT OF THE RAFFLE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THEIR TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL BLACKFRIARS THEATRE, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, ARTISTS, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Cancellation/Termination of Raffle: By purchasing a Ticket and choosing to participate in the Raffle, each Raffle participant acknowledges and agrees that Blackfriars Theatre has the right, in its sole discretion, to elect not to proceed with the Raffle for any reason whatsoever or for no reason, and in such event, a participant’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be to receive a refund of the full price paid by such participant for each Ticket purchased, without interest.